Westcott Search Limited is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
This policy explains the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data and keep it safe.
It is likely that we will need to update this information from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes, and you are welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
The law on data protection sets out several different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
- For example, when you forward your CV or a vacancy profile to us
- In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data, for example PASSPORT or VISA information to confirm your right to live and work within the UK or another country.
- If you have been involved with a recruitment process with Westcott Search, it may be necessary for us to retain data in relation to this, which does not impact your rights.
- We may use your address details to send you direct marketing information by email, to advise about our services or a specific career opportunity that we think might be of interest to you.
When do we collect your personal Data?
- When you provide information to Westcott Search Limited, either for a recruitment or search requirement for the company that you represent OR to support you in your next career move.
- When we receive your data through our website or through other websites that we use for marketing purposes
- When you engage with us via business and/or social media sites.
- When you contact us directly through a recommendation or another source.
By providing this information to us you are consenting to your personal information being collected and stored.
The information we require from you to assist you as a Client or Candidate
To assist you with your career, search the data stored will include but is not restricted to:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- Date of birth.
- Marital status and dependants.
- Next of kin and emergency contact information.
- National Insurance number.
- Salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information.
- Start date(s) of job roles.
- Location of employment or workplace.
- Copy of identity documents, such as passport, driving licence, utility bills.
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Employment records (including job titles, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships).
- Salary/payments history.
- Performance information.
- Disciplinary and grievance information.
What we do with the information that we receive
This information is used in the recruitment process either in the case of a client company for the purpose of sourcing potential candidates OR to support you as a candidate with your career search. Information is kept securely on our database
We may occasionally email, telephone or text about new opportunities or updates, other marketing information which we believe you may find of interest, or changes to our services.
We will do this based on our legitimate business interest or for communication required by law.
You are free to stop receiving information from us at any time and can do so by emailing us at email@example.com and quoting ‘UNSUBSCRIBE ‘in the subject heading.
How we protect your personal data
We understand data security is important to you and all information received is kept securely on our database via up to date technology. Access is limited to employees of Westcott Search Limited.
How long do we retain information for?
It is usual to retain information for at least 12 months or for as long as necessary for the purpose it was collected. The nature of recruitment is such that it is common to keep up to date and in contact over a number of years and for the candidate throughout a career. With your explicit consent we can update and retain your personal details until you wish to delete your records from our database. Otherwise your data will be deleted.
Sharing of your data
We will only forward information you have provided with your consent to third parties e.g. vacancy profiles/ company information or a Curriculum Vitae / Resume
If there is a requirement, we may need to disclose your personal data to the police or other regulatory government body in your country of origin or elsewhere upon a valid request to do so.
What are your rights over personal data held?
You have the right to request access to the personal data we have:
- To correct data.
- Withdraw consent and request we stop using your personal data for direct marketing through specific or all channels
- Request to Correct have personal data amended
- If you have employment information/history that requires up-dating, please advise Westcott Search by email and we will update within one week of receiving the up dated information or CV as appropriate.
- Under GDPR you have the right to ask for access to your personal information. As soon as Westcott Search has verified your identity, we will provide the information you have requested within 10 days.
- If you wish your information to be updated on our Database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the unlikely event your personal data stored is inaccurate, you must advise us immediately. We will amend your personal registration and confirm the changes.
Removal or deletion of Personal Data
At any time, you can contact Westcott Search to request removal of personal data and once acknowledged we will confirm that this has been carried out within 10 days.
There may be legal reasons for some, or all your data being retained, i.e. If you have been involved with a recruitment process through Westcott Search, it may be necessary to retain some data. If this is the case, we will advise you
If you wish your information to be deleted from our Database, you should contact us at email@example.com and quote ‘unsubscribe ‘in the subject heading.
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we will need to transfer your personal data between countries, to enable us to provide the recruitment services requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK.
Notification of Breaches
Westcott Search is aware of our responsibility to protect your information and to only share details with third parties upon receipt of your consent. Our database of information is fully protected, and only relevant Westcott Search staff and consultants have access to the personal information stored
In the unlikely event that our computer systems are compromised and there is a potential loss of confidentiality we will report this breach to you
If you have a complaint about the way your data is stored or handled by Westcott Search, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org